Entered U.S. Illegally


We have presented 3 and 10 year bar waivers all over the world in the course of our years of practicing family immigration. Timing varies by country, but keep in mind we are saving a great deal of time when compared to a 3 and 10 year wait/separation from your loved one.

If your spouse or fiancee entered the U.S. illegally, in order to become legal (obtain a Green Card) he or she will need to obtain a K1 fiancee visa or a CR1/IR1 spousal visa.

Before they will be able to obtain a fiancee or spousal visa they will need to have a I601 waiver approved. The 601 waiver is known as an “extreme hardship” waiver because we must prove extreme hardship before the waiver will be approved.

The potential hardships include but are not limited to the following:

Health – ongoing or specialized treatment for a physical or mental condition.

Financial – future employability,loss of home or business, decline in standard of living,etc.

Education – loss of opportunity for higher education, etc.

Personal – community ties, close relatives in the U.S. or in the illegal’s home country who rely on the U.S. citizen for financial or emotional assistance, separation from spouse or children, etc.

Special factors – valid fears of persecution or physical harm in the home country.

If you believe you can meet one or more of the above-listed hardships and can meet the requirements of the K1 fiancee visa or a CR1/IR1 spousal visa, please call us. We will ask you some questions and then determine if we think we can successfully obtain the 601 waiver and K visa for you.

Call Us NOW! (818) 291-0581

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Comment