Leader in the Immigration Field

There are several ways to obtain a green card. The few lucky selected in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program just have to go through the application process. However, only 55,000 individuals are given this opportunity every year.

Other ways of obtaining a green card can be through family in the United States or through an employer. Some categories have a limit annually (e.g. family based immigration), while other categories have no limit that can be issued (e.g. fiancée of U.S. citizens).

A green card gives an individual the right to legally live and work in the United States. Note that individuals with green cards still hold the citizenship of their country of birth, but green card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship after certain amount of years as a card holder. The United States allow individuals to hold dual or multiple citizenship.

The current card (United States Permanent Resident Card) is not actually “green”. It got its name from the early version that was green. There is a difference between getting a green card and obtaining U.S. citizenship. A green card is normally issued for 10 years at the time and it must renewed upon expiration.

Individuals that get married to a U.S. citizenship or a green card holder, or invest a substantial amount in the U.S. economy may apply for a green card with conditions that needs to be removed after 2 years.

Our Vision

Glendale Immigration Services is a business dedicated to helping foreigners, green card holders and United States citizens file American immigration forms and applications, a complicated topic consisting of many rules and regulations.

To become a United States citizen is the dream for millions of people around the world. Unfortunately, it is not possible to just move to the United States and settle down. Most individuals are required to obtain a non-immigrant visitor visa (B-1 business visa or B-2 Tourist Visa) before they can visit the United States on a temporary basis.

Foreigners that marry a U.S. citizen or green card holder, or invest in the United States may apply for an immigrant visa (green card) and get the right to live and work legally in the United States. The process of obtaining either an immigrant or non-immigrant visa can be both time consuming and involve a substantial amount of fees.

Call Us Today! (818) 291-0581


Laws and Regulations

Becoming a U.S. citizen has many advantages including the right to vote and the ability to sponsor relatives to come to the United States. The U.S. Citizenship Application (Form N-400) is completed by Lawful Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) over age 18 who meet the eligibility requirements to apply for citizenship.

In order to apply for U.S. citizenship, you must meet the following requirements:

Be at least 18 years old

Have had a valid Green Card at least five years. If you are married to U.S. citizen you may apply after three years with a valid Green Card. Or, if you have served in the United States armed forces during war, you may apply for U.S. citizenship without first obtaining a Green Card if you were in the United States upon enlistment into the U.S. military.

Have maintained continuous residence in the United States for at least five years (or three years if you are married to a U.S. citizen)

Have been physically present in the United States for at least two and a half years (or one and half years if you are married to a U.S. citizen)

Have lived in the state where the Form N-400 is submitted for at least three months

Be able to read, write and speak English

Have a general knowledge of the fundamentals of U.S. history and government

Be a person of good moral character and willing to abide by the principles of the U.S. Constitution.
Read more